Saturday, April 26, 2014

Today's Lucky Cat - A Tribute to Sir Run Run Shaw

A Young and Handsome Run Run Shaw

Today's show pays respects to the philanthropist film mogul Sir Run Run Shaw (1907 - 2014).  As well as a biography of Run Run I include the top 17 Run Run Shaw Shaw Brothers films, as voted for by you, the listeners.  I will publish the list on this blog when the show is podcasted in a couple of days
Run Run and stars posing with a Rolls Royce at the Clear Water Bay Studios in Hong Kong.  Not a great resolution but I think I can make out Peter Ho Chen, Cheng Pei Pei and she of the enviable hair Lily Ho!
Here is Sir Run Run Shaw with some of the studios starlets.  I think that is Betty Loh Ti in the middle.

You can tune in to Resonance 104.4FM at 3.30pm (UK) to hear the show.  I will podcast it in a couple of days.

I researched to find out what Run Run's favourite food was and it seems that one of his favourite things was to go to the Hong Kong Peninsula Hotel for afternoon tea.  I'll now add that to the endless list of places to go in Hong Kong if I ever get to return....Run Run apparently always had a simple breakfast of noodles followed by exercise, perhaps the secret to such a long life.

Sir Run Run Shaw we salute you and your wonderful contribution to cinema!  RIP.


No comments: