Monday, January 07, 2013

Happy 2013! January DJ Gig with Chris Menist

Greetings kittens! Hope you had a lovely festive season. Happy 2013 to you all. This one is going to be slippery - it's the year of the sneaky snake starting in February.

I will be back at Mango Landin' on Friday 18th January alongside special guest selector Chris Menist.

Chris and I will be spinning vintage vinyl treats from all over the world for you. Chris has an amazing collection so I am really looking forward to hearing his crate digger's selection!

I recently purchased PB02 and PB03 45s on the Paradise Bangkok record label (little Xmas prezzie to myself!). A must for any collector of East Asian vinyl. Available at Soul Jazz or Boomkat.

Sadly there is a problem with my (admittedly ancient) amp so I cannot record vinyl at the mo'. Therefore no tasty New Year online mix for you, apologies. I hope you won't be too disappointed with an mp3 mix until I can get the amp fixed (or buy one of these)

So - got any new year resolutions? I am considering setting myself the task of watching all of the top 200 Lovehkfilm movies this year. What a great countdown, presume In the Mood For Love will be in the top 5.....

Hope to see some of you on the 18th @ Mango to chase away the January blues!

2 comments:

Walking In May said...

Sounds like a great new years plan...love In the Mood for Love! Will you be doing a gig in February around Chinese New year?
May
www.walkinginmay.com

Lucky Cat said...

Hello May thanks for dropping by. I will be playing at Mango Landin for the last time a bit after CNY on Fri 15th Feb. I'd like to have a Shanghai Lounge Divas style event some day - had an In the Mood for Love themed night some years back. If you have any ideas re venues I'd be happy to check out...
Been enjoying browsing your site, some beautiful qi paos!
Zoë